A weekend getaway vacation spent with the family is the most needed break. It is meant for relaxation and rejuvenation of strength and energy.
Although taking a weekend getaway vacation is not always possible due to your hectic schedule, school activities, or the type of job profile you have, weekend getaways can be a great alternative especially for the kids. And besides, short getaway vacation absolutely restores your mind, body and soul and relieves stress for you and your family.
A breathtaking weekend vacation need not cost you an entire year’s salary. However, don’t just settle on your usual Saturday’s TV Features: ‘A Perfect Getaway’ on HBO. This suspense-thriller movie is about supposedly romantic vacation on an island that turns tragic.
Let’s go ahead and check the following beneficial tips for a wonderful family weekend vacation.
Tips for an Enjoyable Weekend Getaway Vacation
- Plan in Advance – Since you’re planning for the whole family, prepare your weekend getaway vacation ahead to avoid last minute vacation deals. Look for several free online travel guides that shows how to book cheap flights with great family vacation package. In addition to that, once you have smoothened your destination, it is better to book your accommodation together with your itinerary arrangements, car rental and event reservation earlier.
- Perfect Timing – As we are talking about weekend getaway vacation, you have to maximize the two days of holiday trip. It might not be enough or too short so you have to be smart. How about, leaving your office on early Friday afternoon or after picking up kids at school and depart that same day, or you can take a half day at the office if it’s possible. Or you can also check your calendar and look for Friday or Monday non-working holidays in the coming weeks. In that way, your getaway vacation can be extended for one day.
- Grab the Best Flight Possible – You can have a long delay if you are having a longer vacation but when you only have the weekend it is best to book the best flight attainable. I’m sure nobody wants to waste a vacation and spend it by hanging around the airport.
- Pick a Beautiful Hotel – One of the exciting things about getaway vacation is that you can have a chance to spend lavishly on the hotel. Get the chance to be pampered and relaxed; and besides, this is your main goal anyway, so go ahead! Check for the amenities of the hotel if there is a spa, or check for types of restaurants that your family would love. Look for activities that all members of your family can join in especially the kids.
- Keep a Remembrance – Take pictures or make videos. Looking back at these memories years later reminisces great family times together. You can use your handy phone with camera or a small digital camera with HD video function. Technology nowadays makes an easy capture possible and allows you to upload it right away at your account in facebook. With the hottest controversy in line with the latest movie ‘Social Network’ which revealed the ‘Popular Rivalries: Facebook vs. Everyone’, post your hottest profile.
All we need is a change of environment and should take a break every once in a while.