If you have never been to Singapore before, consider visiting this small island in Asia. This child-friendly island has almost everything to offer to everyone in the family.
Over the years, the government has poured in millions of dollars to tourism projects and continuing to do so in it’s effort to make Singapore a perfect family vacation destination in Asia. Here are the top 10 most popular places not to be missed:
1) Tour of the Singapore River: Take the bumboat and cruise down to the beautiful Singapore river. You will get to catch a glimpse of Singapore’s past and present. The boat ride will also take you round and show you some of Singapore’s significant architectural landmarks.
2) Ethnic Quarter Walk : To understand a nation, you will need to first understand it’s people and culture. The best way to do it is to take an ethnic walk to one of it’s ethnic quarters (Chinatown, Little India and Kampong Glam) To make the walk a fruitful one, hiring a guide is recommended as they can fill you in with lots of history, facts, cultural practices etc.. things that you will not be able to figure out by taking a DIY walk around suburbs.
3) The Science Centre : Visit the Science Centre, a new generation museum and science and technology centre showing various assortment of exhibits spanning various disciplines. A fun way to appreciate and acquire scientific knowledge through hands-on exploratory experience. Try the Omni-Theatre for a truly immersive cinematic experience!
4) Sentosa Island: Sentosa is Singapore’s most popular resort island Where both tourists and the locals love to go. Here, you can spend a whole day visiting the many attractions the islands has the offer. They have two museums, an Underwater World, Dolphin Lagoon, 3 beaches, 3 major hotels (and counting), Musical fountains plus many others. Guarantee to give you and your family a fun filled day.
5) Asian Civilization Museum : The Asian Civilization Museum is the most dramatic museum in Singapore. Over three levels of artefacts and priceless pieces with 10 galleries featuring different regions with their own timelines and permanent displays. Great for people who appreciate arts, artefacts, history and cultures.
6) Jurong Bird Park: Another great place for the family. This park has one of the worlds’ largest bird collections in the conservation and display of birds in natural settings. Containing more than 8,000 birds from over 600 species of birds. The bird show is highly recommended.
7) Singapore Zoological Gardens attracts over a million visitors a year. It is one of the world’s few open zoos, where moats are preferred to cages. Hailed as one of the most beautiful zoos in the World with several tourism awards won in the past years. A place not to be missed if you are travelling with children.
8)Night Safari Singapore: The Night Safari is the world’s first wildlife park with a night view. 6 times winner of Singapore Tourism Award since it’s inauguration in 1994.
9) Boat Quay and Clarke Quay. The Quays come alive at night with numerous choices of pubs, clubs and restaurants along the beautiful Singapore river. Take a walk along the river and savour the ‘must try’ local dishes to make your trip to Singapore complete.
10) Singapore Botanic Gardens If you are a flower and nature lover, Singapore Botanic Garden is a great place to visit.